Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO of Bath / Brunswick we pride ourselves in being a responsive partner in remediation and restoration.
In water damage restoration the goal is to focus on the things you are able to change rather than the things you are not. It’s happened, the focus now is next steps. The categories you want to be thinking in is assessment and response.
Our Bath and Brunswick area SERVPRO team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city. We have the expertise and tools to help whatever size water damage or complication.
Residential and commercial properties in the greater Bath and Brunswick area, including Topsham, Harpswell, Woolwich, Phippsburg, Georgetown and Arrowsic are in good hands.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (207) 721-8500
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.