Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO of Bath / Brunswick we pride ourselves in being a responsive partner in the remediation and restoration business.
When responding to mold damage it’s important that the mold restorer is decisive and skilled. The categories you want to be thinking in is assessment and response, a plan and a course of action.
Our Bath and Brunswick area SERVPRO team regularly addresses mold damage throughout the city. We have the expertise and tools to help address even the most serious mold problem areas.
Residential and commercial properties in the greater Bath and Brunswick area, including Topsham, Harpswell, Woolwich, Phippsburg, Georgetown and Arrowsic are in good hands.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential mold damage.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (207) 721-8500
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Bath / Brunswick and SERVPRO of Belfast / Camden / Rockland for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Bath / Brunswick and SERVPRO of Belfast / Camden / Rockland has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities: